Friday, April 11, 2008

No Pressure!

Yesterday I met with Steve and Lorcan to get feedback on my interim report and discuss my goals for this last part of term.

For my final report, it was suggested that I go through my project specification and with each milestone, write whether I have achieved that milestone or not, if not why not, and if I have what steps I took to complete it. These milestones can also be used as my report subheadings to break up the report a bit.

To complete my mandatory I have to get the display working properly, find a way to get Wireless Access Points, hopefully this should be similar to how I obtained the MAC addresses and then I have to find a way so that the clock gets the updated locations automatically rather than the user manually inputting them.

We also talked about the final demo, so I'll have to come with ways of showing the clock in action even though I'll still be in the room the whole time! Lorcan suggested having 2 bluetooth dongles, each representing a different location.

Testing and evaluation was discussed, the idea of testing it with my family would work, then after a week I could ask them if they used it much, did they like it, the usual evaluation questions.

No comments: